Enterprise architecture is the process by which organizations standardize and organize IT infrastructure to aligns with business goals. These strategies support digital transformation, IT growth and the modernization of IT as a department.
Enterprise architecture (EA) is the practice of analyzing, designing, planning and implementing enterprise analysis to successfully execute on business strategies. EA helps businesses structure IT projects and policies to achieve desired business results and to stay on top of industry trends and disruptions using architecture principles and practices, a process also known as enterprise architectural planning (EAP).
EA is guided by the organization’s business requirements — it helps lay out how information, business and technology flow together. This has become a priority for businesses that are trying to keep up with new technologies such as the cloud, IoT, machine learning and other emerging trends that will prompt digital transformation.
“The framework successfully combines people, data and technology to show a comprehensive view of the inter-relationships within an information technology organization,” according to the EABOK.
According to CompTIA, the biggest benefits of EAP include:
- Allowing more open collaboration between IT and business units
- Giving business the ability to prioritize investments
- Making it easier to evaluate existing architecture against long-term goals
- Establishing processes to evaluate and procure technology
- Giving comprehensive view of IT architecture to all business units outside of IT
- Providing a benchmarking framework to compare results against other organizations or standards
- TOGAF® 9 Course – Foundation and Certified (Level 1 and 2)
- ArchiMate® 3 Course – Foundation and Practitioner (Level 1 and Level 2)
- IT4IT™ Foundation (Level 1)
- DPBoK™ Course – Foundation (Level 1)
Licensing and accreditation:
Computer Learning Center SRL is a Broker for The Open Group® (ATC Provider is Architecture Center Ltd). Architecture Center is The Open Group® member. We offer accredited TOGAF® 9.2 Foundation and Certified (Level 1 and 2), IT4IT™ Foundation (Level 1), DPBoK™ Course – Foundation (Level 1) and ArchiMate® 3.0 training courses.