CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst
The CompTIA® Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA) course is designed to help you prepare for the CS0-002 exam. Students will improve the overall state of IT security, providing critical knowledge and skills that are required to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity threats.
Who should attend?
This course is targeted toward an IT professionals with (or seeking) job roles such as IT Security Analyst, Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst, Vulnerability Analyst, Cybersecurity Specialist, Threat Intelligence Analyst, and Security Engineer.
Although not required, CompTIA suggests that students have earned their Network+, Security+ or equivalent knowledge and have a minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on information security or related experience. CySA+ is intended to follow CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience and has a technical, hands-on focus.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Manage risks and vulnerabilities
- Configure and use threat detection tools
- Understand roles, responsibilities, and the security framework
- Perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify areas of concern
- Avoid, prevent, and respond to security incidents
- Contain and eradicate threats
- Understand security architecture, policies, and procedures
- Better secure and protect applications and systems
- Explaining the Importance of Security Controls and Security Intelligence
- Utilizing Threat Data and Intelligence
- Analyzing Security Monitoring Data
- Collecting and Querying Security Monitoring Data
- Utilizing Digital Forensics and Indicator Analysis Techniques
- Applying Incident Response Procedures
- Applying Risk Mitigation and Security Frameworks
- Performing Vulnerability Management
- Applying Security Solutions for Infrastructure Management
- Understanding Data Privacy and Protection
- Applying Security Solutions for Software Assurance
- Applying Security Solutions for Cloud and Automation
CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) is an IT workforce certification that applies behavioral analytics to networks and devices to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity threats through continuous security monitoring.
Number of Questions: maximum 85 questions
Type of Questions: Multiple choice and performance-based
Length of Test: 165 minutes
Passing Score:750 (on a scale of 100-900)