IT&IS Risk Management
Risk is that uncertain but plausible element found in technical, human, social or political interactions governing our daily activities. Our challenge, as individuals or organizations, is to acknowledge it and find the best approach to reduce it. Risks identification, understanding risk sources, assessing the effects and finding best mitigation options – these are the real challenges that management should respond in order to achieve the business objectives.
The IT&IS Risk Management Course propose a direct and concrete approach to risks, providing useful information and easy to integrate into current organizational efforts for operational continuity. You will learn and practice effective way towards raising awareness and real risks reduction. The course is designed to deliver practical information for participants, regardless of their current job position; the focus is on specific activities from information technology and information security activities and projects.
There is no special need for previous knowledge in risk management. Information security, information technology, audit and compliance, IT/IS project management knowledge may be useful during this course.
- Introduce participants in practical activities of risk management
- Increase organizational culture for information security, through effective approach on risk
- Support achievement of compliance objectives
- Provides practical methods for identifying sources of risk, the determination of acceptable risk, risk analysis, development of risk treatment plan, business continuity plan development etc.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify potential risk types within their organization, and the appropriate risk mitigation option
- Understand risk causes, and the overall impact of risk manifestation
- Establish the acceptable level of risk
- Define the risk strategy and establish measures in consequence
- Identify the residual risk
- Properly approach risks using a continuous process of monitoring and efficient reduction
- Information Security Officers/Responsible
- Audit and Compliance Responsible
- IT Project Managers, Business Analysts
- Management Representatives
- Risk – between probability and manifestation
- Risk types and characteristics
- Risk management
- Risk assessment
- Specific tools
- Risk manager Responsibilities
- Study case and real examples