ISO/IEC 27701:2019 Implementation Training Course (Privacy Information Management System (PIMS)
ISO/IEC 27701:2019 specifies the requirements and provides guidance for implementing a privacy information management system (PIMS) in the form of an extension to ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27002 for privacy management, within the context of your organization.
By attending our two-day course, you will understand how to implement the principles of ISO/IEC 27701:2019 and the required changes to extend your ISMS. It will help you understand how the requirements of ISO/IEC 27701 provide the basis of an effective PIMS and provides guidance for personally identifiable information (PII) controllers and/or processors, processing PII.
What are the benefits of ISO 27701:2019 Implementation course?
This course will help you to:
- Recognize how to extend an ISO/IEC 27001 ISMS to include specific requirements for protecting your PII and implementing a PIMS (addressing both information security and privacy protection)
- Identify where adjustments might need to be made to your ISMS to accommodate your situation and progress made to date, in respect of protecting privacy
- Increase your knowledge of the requirements and guidance contained within ISO 27701, from an implementation perspective
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in planning, implementing, maintaining or supervising an ISO/IEC 27701 PIMS. The course is equally relevant to PII controllers and PII processors.
What will I learn?
- Recognize a typical framework for extending your ISO/IEC 27001 ISMS to include specific requirements and guidance for protecting personally identifiable information (PII) and implementing a PIMS
- Interpret key requirements and guidance of ISO/IEC 27701 from both a PII controller and processor implementation perspective
- Identify the benefits to your organization of implementing an ISO/IEC 27701 PIMS
- Conduct a gap analysis of your organization’s current compliance with the requirements of ISO/IEC 27701
- Implement the key requirements and guidance of ISO/IEC 27701